Friday, July 12, 2013

Week in Review: July 5-11 Birthday Week!

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we kept moving small things over to the house. We had just been trying to make it as easy on ourselves as possible.

Monday is when we did some real moving. We picked up a U-Haul truck and started with bedroom furniture. That was really the only furniture we have had for this week. Since I am not used to carrying heavy things, this hurt my wrist and arms even more. I took Ivy to her regular caregiver for the day. Ryan's and I were able to do three truckloads ourselves. This was our first night in the house and it was was troublesome! Ivy took a bit of time getting to sleep. I think she was very excited about being in the house. But once she fell asleep, she stayed asleep. Ryan and I didn't have quite as good a night as Ivy. We were very restless because we were, and still are, in so much pain from moving. And then the light. Oh. My. Word. The light. Some light kept turning on and off about every 60 seconds. I thought it was a motion detector light on the house. I finally got fed up and looked out of the window. It's the street lamp. Oh for the love of! I guess that's another phone call I need to make. So we woke up around 3am. I somehow managed to get back to sleep around 4:30, but Ryan stayed up the whole time.

Tuesday, we celebrated my 33rd birthday. We took a break from moving to enjoy the day and persue as many of my freebies as possible. I opened my cards and presents (candles and fingernail polish) and got ready for the day. The Waffle House didn't work out because I had to print the coupons and we hadn't brought the printer to the house. So, we went to Mimi's Cafe instead. Had I even known about it and registered for their "club" I would have had a free breakfast. Oops! I did get my free coffee from Starbucks though! We went to get lunch at Genghis Grill and I redeemed my free bowl! Yum! I totally forgot about my treat from Panera, but I have time to use that. I realized at some point that I lost my debit card. I had to scramble to cancel it and have a new one printed. Then, we went back home to wait... The fridge was to be delivered between 2 and 6 pm. What a window! We just sat around and waited. I think I unpacked a few things. I ran a couple of errands - one of which was another birthday freebie, makeup samples from Sephora! Around 10 minutes to 6, we still had no word on the fridge delivery. Ryan and Ivy were swimming and I was making phone calls. The delivery person called me back and the got the fridge delivered a little after 6. Oh glorious day, we got a fridge. I ordered supper for us, pizza. Nothing special.

Wednesday it was back to work... Packing up more bags and boxes and then unloading and putting stuff away. Things are nowhere near where or how I want them, but it's in the general area. We also picked up drapes for Ivy's room.

Thursday, my father-in-law and brother-in-law came into town and brought furniture that we inherited. They also helped bring the rest of the big furniture from the apartment to the house.

This week has been brought to you bay the letters B for 'birthday' and the letter M for 'move'. I sure hope you have had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!