Groceries, weeding, pruning/trimming, swimming, and painting.
We put some furniture together: the two bookshelves and the dining table, although the table needs to be fixed. I might refinish that piece.
While we were in the middle of putting the bookshelves up, we got our very first "welcome to the neighborhood" visit! I already blogged about that though.
I started refinishing furniture, which I posted about yesterday. We planned on putting new pulls on the nightstands and dresser but we couldn't find any new pulls that would fit the existing holes in the drawers. So we just painted them - which is what I originally wanted to do anyway. I think it turned out very nice.
I am in the middle of refinishing the dresser. All the drawers are ready. The pulls are painted and drying. The actual dresser will have o wait until later. A big metal tape measure was dropped on my foot by accident and I am nursing this new injury.
We have also been taking care of the yard. I have been pulling weeds (which are really a different type of grass) and Ryan has been cutting the crepe myrtles and shrubs into a cleaner look. Sadly, one of the garden hoses has a hole or two in it. At least it wasn't the new one! Also, one of the sprayer/nozzle heads shot off of the hose while I was cleaning up. It was cheap!
We have spent a lot of time indoors because of the heat. We have watched so many Disney/Pixar movies, I am starting to memorize them. Ivy and Dad have been fingerprinting while I was working on the bedroom furniture. And that is pretty much it. I hope you have had a fulfilling week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!