Sunday, July 14, 2013

Accomplishment Part 2: Living Room

There are no before pictures. I guess I just don't work that way? I guess you could call this all 'before' because we intend to upgrade our furniture in the future.

Everything was lumped here and there. The tall black planks are bookshelves we still need to put together. 

On the left-hand side of the photo, is the TV and entertainment center. We had the TV in our bedroom until all the sitting furniture was moved to the house on Thursday. By the window, boxes of DVDs and electronic stuff. At the red drapes, is one of the recliners (this one was on the opposite side of the room until today). There is a red chair behind the recliner that just hasn't found a home yet. Soon though. If your eyes were to wander to the right of the drapes, you would see the front door. Ryan rolled the rug out today and I closed the room in to make it feel a little more cozy.

Here is the opposite side of the room. The other recliner, an end table, and there's the TV again. There is a fair amount of space between the recliner and fireplace.

From the TVs point of view is the couch. Before the rug was rolled out, it was pushed up against the 'wall'. There is a 2.5 foot clearance behind the sofa now.

An 'overhead' view from the first landing.


You can see there are things that still need to be put away. We are still missing end tables that I want on either side of the couch.

The good things about our move are that 1.) it is local, and 2.) we have until the end of this month to clear all of out things out of the apartment. We can take out time. The bad thing, is that we can take our time. I would much rather have spent one or two days moving everything. We have been in the house for 14 days - well, living in it full time for 8 of those days. I want to get the rest of our stuff over here and not have to worry about anything in the apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!