The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of action.
For starters, my student organization was celebrating their week. FCCLA has a nationally recognized week. We were late in the game and decided to do it last week.We donated the money to the crisis center, had a couple of parties, tie dyed... there's more but I can't remember.
Also, the majority of the days that week were for state standardized tests. I had the pleasure of administering to a group of kiddos that needed to be in a small group. And one of those kiddos is habitually the last student in the school to finish. I spent three days telling everyone to stay quiet for four hours straight.
This past week has been full of food and teacher appreciation. FCCLA was asked to cook a lunch and a breakfast. No problem. A teacher requested my room and resources to make punch for a "world class" famous so-and-so. A day later, one of his students asks me to provide snacks, refreshments, my classroom and elbow grease (to clean for him). I quickly told him off and he had his students do this. Uh, that's what his organization is for in the first place. NOT ME. Anyway, I heard some teachers saw the punch and helped themselves. And this teacher pitched a hissy and squirted some tears. Oh my.
Anyway... FCCLA went on to prepare and serve the teacher luncheon. I had the smart plan to create a two page time table to make sure that everything went smoothly. And it did. The following day, FCCLA made pizza (and delivered it) to the class who donated the most shoes benefiting the crisis center. The kiddos also helped make pancakes and bacon for the teacher breakfast. They served it this morning.
Another thing that FCCLA and foods class did this week was to organize all the lab equipment and get rid of the old stuff that we don't use. I've been a huge bitch about the labs - making the kids use bleach on all surfaces, putting everything away where it's supposed to go. There's an enormous insect infestation and the only way I can figure eradicating it is to clean like nobody's business.
On top of all this, I was out of my medication. So I was even more stressed and angry. But I finally got to see my doctor. He emailed my prescription to the pharmacy. I went to pick it up and they said they had to have it verified by the doctor (hello, they sent it to you!) and to see if insurance will pay for it. It could take up to 3 days to fill it. I basically flipped out and hauled ass back to the doctor for a box of samples. I was really lucky too because the nurse was about to leave. All I have to say about that is that my insurance had better pay for this or I'm shoving a couch through someones throat.
And then there's Ivy. She's finally learned how to roll over. She mostly flips from back to tummy and just learned tummy to back. But when I put her to bed, it's on her side. Sometime in the middle of the night, she'll roll onto her stomach and wake up. We thought that since she always cries while on her tummy that she'd want to be on her back or side. We would roll her back over and within 5 minutes, she'd be back on her tummy whining. All. Night. Long. And we wouldn't get any sleep. Well, last night I had it up to my eyeballs with everything (above) and said screw it. I'm not rolling her back over. She can cry it. Not two minutes later, all sound stopped. She'd fallen asleep on her stomach and she didn't get up until around 6 am this morning. Moral of the story: she needed to be left the eff alone. Here's to hoping this is what she really wants and a good night's sleep for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!