Last year, I was pregnant. But a few people sent me mother's day cards anyway.
But for my first real, official Mother's Day this year, I got a few cards from family. Ryan and Ivy came into the bedroom to wake me up, but I fell back asleep for a while. Ryan woke me back up and said "OPEN your gift." He cooked me breakfast (egg in a basket) while I read my card and opened my present. He got me a very lovely vase by Fenton. He found it in an antique shop in Dallas. We went to Dallas and tried to eat at Babes - but the line was long, so went to Brooklyn's instead. Then we went to Central Market for some cheese for fondue.
This year, my very first present was actually from a student! She gave me a lovely mommy necklace - it's in the shape of a heart and through the middle, there's a profile of a mommy holding a child. That was very sweet of that student.
And that was that. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!