Last Saturday was girls beach weekend. We had a full house. One of the girls didn't make it for Friday. I cooked my "famous" nachos. I also made some pretty awesome breakfast tacos, artistic cupcakes and equally artistic beverages. We walked on the beach and picked up shells and beach glass. We mostly stayed at the house though.
Sunday was time for me to leave. I made breakfast again, packed up and headed out. However, I raked the front end of the car on one of the piers under the house. Oh my word. This is the first time I have ever caused damage to a car. I was ultra angry at myself. Ryan was really level-headed about everything. I'm still so thankful for that. We ventured out to Aunt Wanda's for Sunday lunch. Ivy and the kids swam and had so much fun. I, on the other hand, was wound up over the car. On a side note, Aunt Wanda had her last chemo treatment this week. I am so proud of my strong, survivor, aunt!
Monday, we took care of business by calling our insurance about the car. An adjuster was sent out to total the damages. We also heard a great deal from our lender and realtor.
On Tuesday, we took the car into the shop and spent time indoors. We consumed our time by napping and fiddling around on our respective technologies.
Wednesday, we took Ivy for her first dentist appointment. She has a chipped tooth but from what the dentist could see, since Ivy wasn't too cooperative, there wasn't much concern. Maybe next time will be better - hopefully with a female dentist.
Thursday, with three people vying for one car, we opted to stay in again. I have been feeling pretty cooped up. I kept thinking, "Oh! Lets go do something! Lets go somewhere!" Uh, nope. So instead, we just watched Falling Skies that we DVRed and the DIY network. Ryan also made soft pretzels from scratch.
And this brings me to today, Friday. We were supposed to get out car back from the shop today. We had not heard from them so Ryan called. Come to find out, the new parts were damaged and they were not going to fix new parts. We are still in SETX through the weekend.
Maybe I will have a good weekend post!
Have a wonderful long summer day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!