Monday, June 24, 2013

Do ya want to smell delicious?

Then get on over to Fortune Cookie Soap! I first heard about the Fortune Cookie Soap company through YouTuber Jennifer Ross (myhousewifelife). I was seeing such awesome reviews of their bath product samples and began anticipating being able to purchase a sample box or get a subscription.

My opportunity for a box purchase came in October - they were selling extra Halloween themed boxes. Shortly after that, their subscriptions opened and I immediately ordered my subscription. The sample boxes are sent out every three months and are based on the current holiday/season or fun theme. Every box usually contains a hand sanitizer, a fortune cookie shaped soap, and a lotion sample. The rest of the contents vary. Perfume, mud mask, bath fizzy, solid lotion, candle, etc. there is also a little extra - a packet of seeds, paper umbrella, candy.

FCS Summer 2013 Soap Box Review


  • “I Scream, You Scream” Sugar Scrub - scents of chocolate covered strawberries and coffee. This is a gentle exfoliator. My skin feels moist and a bit more smooth in trouble areas of dry skin.
  • “What? It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere!” Whipped Cream - this is the thick lotion. I absolutely love this product. To me, this lotion smells like a blueberry tasty-drink!
  • “One In A Mellon” Fortune Cookie Soap -holy moly! This is a cute cute watermelon soap! It smells just like watermelon candy. It was the first thing I smelled in my box!
  • “Aquaholic” Sea Salt Hair Spritz - I haven't used this product yet. I am a lazy person. I don't really do my hair. Especially during summer. I'm a low maintenance kind of gal. My hair is either up in a bun/ponytail or braided. Although I am very interested in trying it out because I love what being at the beach does to my hair.
  • “Mother Pucker” Shower Steamer - this was supposed to fizz and scent up my shower? It instantly disappeared and only gave off the slightest lemonade scent. I may have used this wrong? 
  • “Do You Salsa or Mango?” OCD Hand Sanitizer - another trusty hand sanitizer! This smells mostly of mango to me. It's not my favorite but I will still use it.
  • “…Where The Sun Don’t Shine” Sunscreen Stick - I haven't used this product yet either because I haven't even thought about going outside so far. It's just too hot and humid. It smells like a banana candy though and it seems to not be greasy. I can't wait to use it.
  • "Body Shot” Don’t Be Jelly - this was totally awkward. How are you supposed to use it? It looked like jellied liver! Ok, ok... It smelled amazing! Like raspberry Koolaid. I heard someone just slapped it in their hand and soaped up. So I tried that and nearly wasted the whole thing. And I knew it would tear apart and get lost in the sponge thing. So I finished off my shower with a bath and ran it under the water. The perfect solution, a bubble bath. 
I really love this box. Spring 2013 is still my favorite though! I am so thrilled I have a subscription to the FCS Soap Box. There are other subscription services that just wouldn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to subscribe to these other things, but I'm not into those other 'things'. I have to take baths. I enjoy bubble baths and relaxing in the tub. The Soap Box is perfect for me.

I really enjoy FCS products. I've only made one non-box purchase so far. Trust me, I have been very tempted. I would actually love to take a mini-road trip to Oklahoma just to go to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!