Probably not the best photo of it, but we ate the whole thing, it was so good. I probably could've smashed the berries a bit but I wanted to see the berries as they were.
My recipe was adapted from http://www.laurenslatest.com/easy-blackberry-cheese-danish/
1can crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese, softened1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh blackberries
Icing:
1/2 cup powered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/8 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375F. Mix together cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla and flour. Open can of crescents and align the dough into a rectangle. Press the edges together. Spread the cheese mixture along the center of the dough. Top with berries. Fold the sides of the dough over the cheese and berries. You can get fancy and slice the sides of the dough to make pretty designs or you can be lazy and just flap it over. Either way, it gets done.
Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
Combine powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Once the Danish is fully baked, drizzle the icing on top. Then hold on to your seats because you're going to finish the whole thing before it even has the chance to cool down.
My modifications: I halved the Danish recipe because we are just two people (Kiddo isn't into eating this type of stuff yet). We don't need that much. I just baked the rest of the dough as they were intended. Maybe I would mash the berries a bit next time and reduce the cheese mixture ratio. It's very rich.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!