Last summer, my aunt and cousin invited me and my family to vacation with them at the Frio River. I immediately said yes! They had brought three other cousins vacationing with them in earlier years and just never got to include me as a child. Throughout the year, I was looking forward to this vacation and when it came time to plan, I had to politely thank them for the invitation but decline to go due to certain circumstances.
I was visiting with my aunt and cousin one week before the trip and they insisted that we go anyway, that we would work it all out. It took a couple of days of convincing, but we were finally able to accept and go along with them. So we planned and packed and planned and purchased and met up the morning of the long drive across the state.
We drove through Houston and somehow all ended up at Buc-ee's just before we got into San Antonio. Everyone else stopped to have lunch, Ryan and I drove straight to Concan. Once we arrived, we took a look around and ended up at Josh's. Goodbye "civilization"! We were able to make a few phone calls to check in with everyone, but after that, there was no service. No internet. No 4G. No wifi.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!