This is totally something I would have loved as a little girl - DIY Play Kitchens. Will Ivy be a girly-girl? Or will she be a tomboy?
One thing I thought of that didn't occur to me until this week is hair. I've never been one to do my own hair. I never had girlfriends to do their hair. I never was interested in kids enough (as a younger adult or older teen) to mess with little girls hair. There are things that I know how to do, but executing them? Not so much. Poor Ivy is going to have some weird hair. I'm pretty sure it's going to be wavy. She has a swirl and a huge cow-lick just like me. And you can't do anything to it unless it's wet. Oh gosh. Later in her life, I hope she has girlfriends who will show her how to do her own hair and will let her do their hair. Until then, I hope I can do what she wants or likes to an acceptable standard.
See, here's what I wasn't considering at all. I always thought (and completely accepted) that I would have boys. This hair thing never entered my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you!